General Compliance Learning Track
Saturday, October 20
-I would like to introduce a speaker!
08:30 AM - 12:00 PMSCCE's Annual Volunteer Project In additon to networking with your peers and listening to expert speakers, attending an SCCE Compliance & Ethics Institute gives you the opportunity to help a local area charity. Registration is free for this event and provides you with a volunteer t-shirt, lunch and transportation to and from the project location. It's a great way to start the CEI with fellow conference attendees, speakers, and SCCE board members.Networking 098
Sunday, October 21
08:30 AM - 11:30 AMPre Conference Morning Session100#P06P06 - Launching Ladies into Senior Leadership Kristy Grant-Hart, Founder & CEO, Spark Compliance Jenny O'Brien, Retired, Chief Compliance Officer Kirsten Liston, Principal, Rethink Compliance
General Compliance 106#P07P07 - Building a Culture of Compliance Learning Excellence - 4 Multi-Nationals Share Their Insight Jennifer Gardella, Director, Global Learning, Biogen Mike McCafferty, Manager, Enterprise Compliance Training, ETRADE Financial Nicole Tarasoff, Senior Program Manager, Global Compliance & Integrity, LinkedIn Jackie Arnold, Global Corporate Compliance Program Specialist, Xilinx
- Are you ready to launch into the highest levels of leadership? Joining the C-suite? Being on the Board? Then this seminar is for you.
- Learn how to win champions and mentors; use verbal language and body language to up your confidence and likeability quotients; and move up the ladder using accountability and top negotiating skills.
- Master lessons taken from female entrepreneurship. Learn why your network is your net worth (and how to grow it strategically) and how to raise the roof on your profile.
General Compliance 107#P08P08 - Preventing harassment: can compliance ever succeed? Jason Meyer, President, LeadGood, LLC Amy McDougal, CCEP, CA, President, CLEAResources, LLC Susan Parkes, Owner, Spark Law LLC
- Training leaders from 4 multi-nationals share their insights on delivering compliance training to over 40,000 employees in 70 global markets.
- Part I will help you get your compliance training design right: shorten learning seat tie, use diagnostic assessments and create high impact learning media.
- Part II will show you how to foster the relationships that underpin a successful training program: federal regulators, c-suite leadership, legal counsel and international markets.
General Compliance 108
- It's been 20 years since the Supreme Court rulings in Faragher and Ellerth made corporate anti-harassment efforts routine, yet there are more headlines than ever about blatant acts of harassment, especially among corporate and cultural leaders.
- Sharing research and our collective experience, this workshop will focus on training, policies and culturebuilding, to explore why we have failed in preventing harassment, where we have engaged, and how we can elevate behavior.
- One critical focus: retaliation vs. a "speak-up" culture, including best practices for creating, maintaining, and getting management support for an Open Work Environment.
01:00 PM - 04:00 PMPre Conference Afternoon Session200#P16P16 - New Beginnings: Starting your Compliance Program and what needs to be included Sheryl Vacca, SVP/Chief Risk Officer, Providence St. Joseph Health Debbie Troklus, President, Troklus Compliance Consulting
General Compliance 207#P17P17 - The Great Internal Audit & Compliance Mystery Kelly Loya, CPhT, CRMA- Associate Partner, Pinnacle Enterprise Risk Consulting Services Kristen Taylor, Associate Partner, Pinnacle Enterprise Risk Consulting Services
- Discussion on the basic elements of a compliance program.
- Overview of the challenges and opportunities in developing a compliance program.
- Identifying ways to get "buy in" for the compliance efforts.
General Compliance 208
- Guests will observe and identify, or even become party to, the ultimate compliance mystery/conspiracy.
- Attendees ("The cast" of characters) will assist in identifying acts of noncompliance and network with the cast and other guests to determine what wrongdoing occurred, why and define an appropriate response to the wrongdoing.
- Attendees will utilize strategies to help define compliance program weaknesses and what safeguards may have prevented an identified behavior
Monday, October 22
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMBreakout Sessions#107107 - Compliance & Ethics Training: What You Need to Know Kirsten Liston, Principal, Rethink Compliance Maranatha Hayes, Senior Manager, Defense, Space, & Security, Boeing Shauna Brookshier, Ethics & Compliance Association, SAIC
General Compliance 307#108108 - Compliance Fast and Slow-Lessons from Behavioral Economics James Sheehan, Chief, Charities Bureau, NY Attorney General James Knapp, Investigations Director, Freddie Mac
- Everyone knows they need to provide training in an effective compliance and ethics program, but do they know how much they don’t know about the subject?
- How can you approach training and communication and be sure you have done all the things that should be done?
- What are the best resources for compliance training and communications?
General Compliance 308
- Lessons for compliance from behavioral economicswhat actually changes compliance behavior.
- Examples from the research-what works.
- Examples from real life-uses of behavioral research/ nudge techniques to change behavior.
11:15 AM - 12:15 PMBreakout Sessions#207207 - How to Score your Compliance Program using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), metrics, maturity ratings and other approaches Erica Salmon Byrne, EVP, Ethisphere
General Compliance 357#208208 - MGM Resorts International: Journey to the Future of Mobile & Augmented Reality Marsha Ershaghi-Hames, Partner, Tapestry Networks Omar Khoury, SVP, Regulatory Compliance, Everi Holdings Inc. Lisa Caserta, Executive Director - Compliance, MGM Resorts International
- How and why you should rate your compliance program: the importance of measuring the maturity of your compliance program.
- Different approaches to scoring your program - how to use KPIs, metrics and maturity ratings.
- How to present findings to senior leaders; and build an improvement plan to increase program maturity.
General Compliance 358
- MGM GO! Launching a mobile Micro-learning strategy: integrating linked content & essential resources with on demand, pulse learning.
- Augmented Reality as an engagement strategy; embedding AR and game-based learning across multiBrands with competitive leaderboards.
- MGM APPLAUSE! Why insight & analytics matter, sustaining impact through responsible recognition and rewarding values based behavior.
01:45 PM - 02:45 PMBreakout Sessions#307307 - Privacy Trends Around the World and the Implications to a Global Organization Michelle Beistle, Chief Ethics, Compliance and Privacy Officer, The Nature Conservancy Charlotte Young, Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, Winrock International Alyssa Senzel, Deputy General Counsel & Compliance Officer, Blackboard Inc.
General Compliance 407#308308 - What If Model: Leverage Organizational Resources to Craft Compliance Training (and Certification) Eva Stein, Compliance Officer, Department of Defense
- Across the pond, the new EU GDPR is in effect. Brexit is coming and we all hope the Privacy Shield is still intact.
- Around the world, from data localization laws to breach notification, many countries are enacting new requirements that can impact operations of global companies.
- This session will provide you with practical advice on recent changes or clarifications to laws and regulations and how three global entities are handling those changes.
General Compliance 408
- Compliance resources are everywhere, often overlap, and sometimes provide contradictory guidance. Resources are often scattered throughout the organization and therefore underutilized. The "What If" model can help!
- The "What if" model is presented as a tool to organize resources, craft learning objectives, offer multiple learning pathways, align outcomes, and design assessments. The ACCSC Certified Accreditation Program (CAP) design approach will be shared ... a comprehensive 'quick to market' program for over 650 schools/colleges nationwide.
- If you have the resources and need a way to identify, capture, and leverage them to create a learning environment that supports compliance understanding and application ... versus rote memorization, this session is for you!
Tuesday, October 23
09:30 AM - 10:30 AMBreakout Sessions#407407 - Decades into Maturing Compliance Programs, Are Anonymous Reporters Treated with the Respect They Deserve?