The virtual conference times are listed in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Friday, April 3
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMOpening Remarks
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMThe Future of Compliance Training: Just Enough, Just-in-Time, and Just-for-Me Matthew Doherty, Compliance Operations Manager, Mercer Rebecca Rehm, Manager, Compliance Business Partner, Olympus Corporation of the Americas See how other organizations: -Add humor and streamline content for efficiency and stickiness -Time communication and training to align with business need -Target audiences with customized training for better buy-in
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMMaintaining Compliance Program Effectiveness on a Shoe-String Budget John Goulart, Compliance Officer, MetroWest Medical Center - Tenet Healthcare
- Review and discuss the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of an effective compliance program,
- Whilst realizing how many items are budget-friendly, and
- Answer questions and address comments to ensure attendees have a great takeaway to apply when they return to the office.
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMData Privacy: A Shifting Environment and Governance that Works Peter Blenkinsop, Partner, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP Kady Von Schoeler, Head of Information Governance, MassMutual Kevin Fitzpatrick, Head of Data, Privacy and AI Governance, MassMutual
- Legislatures are responding. California led the way in 2018 with the CCPA; many states are considering legislation similar to CCPA or GDPR. We will discuss the legislative activity we have seen in early 2020 at the state and federal levels.
- We will discuss what we’re seeing so far with CCPA rights requests and the challenges of operating in an environment without finalized regulations.
- Finally, we will discuss the appropriate governance model for data privacy. What is the role for compliance and how does compliance partner with the business areas?
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMLunch
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMMeasuring and Reporting on Program Effectiveness Christine Gordon, Deputy Chief Compliance Officer, Olympus Corporation of the Americas Nedra Abbruzzese-Werling, Assoc VP for Compliance Services, Boston University
- What is your ruler?
- What methods do you use to measure?
- How do you make your reporting meaningful?
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMWhistleblowing: What the Data Says About Why It Works Matt Kelly, Editor & CEO, Radical Compliance
- Hear academic research about how companies with strong cultures of internal reporting outperform their peers
- Study the different issues raised in firsthand versus second-hand reports, and hich ones are more reliable
- Consider how to combine policies with internal hotlines to drive more attention to issues such as retaliation.
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMCulture of Integrity Mary Shirley, Senior Director, Ethics and Compliance, Fresenius Medical Care North America Julie Basha, Associate Compliance Specialist, Fresenius Medical Care NA
- Five years ago, the Compliance world went berserk for Culture of Compliance surveys. Get the lowdown on the actionable takeaway’s companies put in place after issuing these surveys to find out whether they really had an impact on integrity and what moved the dial for Compliance.
- Hear about some of the hard data behind why having a culture of integrity is an area worth prioritizing and initiatives that other companies just like yours are implementing to embed a culture of integrity into the business.
- Be introduced to the three people you meet in heaven (AKA Compliance) and get tips on how to overcome your most difficult stakeholders standing in the way of your path to a culture of integrity.
Agenda subject to change.