Friday, October 23
07:30 AM - 08:30 AMRegistration
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMBuilding an Effective Policy Management and Governance Program with Intention Jami Bailey, Lead Compliance Analyst - Policy Governance, AT&T Chief Compliance Office
- Scoping the policy opportunity, understanding the state of your policies.
- Gathering stakeholders and building the case for change.
- Evolving beyond policy as just a document, making policy matter
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMUsing Modern Marketing Tactics to Super-Charge Your Compliance Program Sarah Hadden, Publisher, Corporate Compliance Insights (CCI Media Group) Mary Shirley, Head of Culture of Integrity and Compliance Education, Fresenius Medical Care North America
- Compliance and marketing departments aren’t always allies -- but they should be. Discover how one compliance team overcame the challenge by creating its own “micro marketing department” within the compliance function.
- Identify (and develop) the skills you’ll need to create your own marketing team and learn how to “think like a marketer” by applying classic marketing campaign tactics to your compliance program.
- Unpack the modern marketer’s toolbox to see how automation and analytics can transform your program with easy solutions to streamline communication, measure results and increase engagement.
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMAttainable Analytics for Legal Compliance Jay Johnson, Partner, Jones Day Trevor Barcelo, Head of Engineering, Titan Advanced Energy Solutions Valentina Dufresne, Senior Director of Business Operations, Sensata Technologies
- The panel will educate (and attempt to entertain!) around the use of attainable data analytics techniques within corporate compliance programs.
- The presentation will provide a lighthearted “back-to-school” review of simple statistical concepts, and will move from there to elementary predictive analytics tools like trend lines and linear regression, demonstrating the power of each in real time.
- The panel will conclude by applying these techniques to dummy data in a hypothetical use case within a corporate compliance program to showcase how even simple techniques can have a large impact.
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMMid-Conference Break
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMDriving an Effective Compliance Program During a Global Pandemic Mary-Ann Anyikam, Manager, Compliance & Risk Management, HP Inc.
- Hold on! You missed a site visit.
- Chicken or the Egg - What is limiting my compliance audits?
- Consequences of Non-Compliance - But, wait! There is a pandemic!
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMThe New California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA): Major Impacts for Businesses Daniel Felz, Senior Associate, Alston & Bird
- What we have learned since California’s Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) went live on Jan. 1, 2020.
- The key ways CPRA will update the CCPA and impact businesses.
- Ways businesses have complied with CCPA and how businesses may approach CPRA.
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMThe Pandemic Pivot (It’s Faster than the Texas TwoStep) Terry Stringer, Head of ECO Center of Excellence, HP Betty Ungerman, VP, Deputy GC and Ethics & Compliance Officer, Lennox International Inc. Joya Williams, Compliance Specialist, Chevron Phillips Chemical Mary-Ann Anyikam, Manager, Compliance & Risk Management, HP Inc.
- Issue Reporting - Are we seeing spikes/dips in Helpline reports? Open Door?
- Investigations - How are geodispersed/global companies addressing investigations? (particularly if companies have travel bans in place)
- How have conversations around diversity/ racial equality changed? What actions are companies taking?
04:30 PM - 04:35 PMOverall Evaluation