Friday, March 6
07:30 AM - 08:30 AMRegistration & Continental Breakfast
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMOpening Remarks
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMCompliance Leadership Skills: Make an Impact, Inspire Your Organization, Get to the Next Level Kirsten Liston, Principal, Rethink Compliance
- Executive presence isn’t a fluke, it’s a formula. Presenting with confidence and authenticity can strengthen your credibility and make you more persuasive.
- Elevate your impact by developing the skill of working with and through others.
- Things changing fast? Flexibility and agility can be a secret weapon. Taking on a start-up mindset can help you change course quickly and avoid getting bogged down.
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMNetworking Break
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMSkynet Is Aware: AI, Machine Learning and What YOU Need to Know Colleen Dorsey, Director, Organizational Ethics & Compliance, University of St Thomas Lisa Beth Lentini Walker, CEO and Founder, Lumen Worldwide Endeavors
- Understanding the basics of AI and ML
- Ethical issues and risks of perpetuating or syndicating bias.
- Emerging best practices in the ethics of AI/ML.
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMNetworking Break
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMA Case Study: Expanding Third Party IT and Compliance Practices Adam Schrock, Managing Director, Risk Advisory Services, Grant Thornton Mike Pankey, Senior Manager, Risk Advisory Services, Grant Thornton
- Many organizations continue to struggle with compliance and performance related activities across their third party landscape.
- As regulations expand, some organizations are looking to get ahead of third party risk and reporting requirements to avoid potential gaps and disruption ahead.
- In this session, we’ll review how larger banks, and now insurance companies, are expanding their third party oversight to meet new and in-progress regulatory expectations.
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMLunch
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMAgile Innovation for Compliance Eric Brotten, Vice President, Compliance & Privacy Officer, Centene Sarah Boswell-Healey, Senior Director, Compliance, UnitedHealth Group Kyle Erickson, Director of Product Security, Medtronic
- The line between tech and traditional companies is blurring, so are the traditional roles-based silos between IT, privacy and compliance.
- As a compliance professional, you need to understand how to add value in these team of teams times. Explore differences between traditional waterfall/stagegate product development and current agile methodologies.
- Learn how to build a hi-tech governance compliance program and hear lessons learned from successful and unsuccessful program builds.
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMNetworking Break
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMLessons Learned from Highly Regulated Industries Emily Aurand, UHC Operations Compliance Officer, UnitedHealthcare Laura Lonsdale, Director, Corporate Compliance and Business Conduct, Xcel Energy Tom Boswell-Healey, Associate Counsel/Senior Compliance Consultant, Minnesota Bankers Association
- How to communicate effectively with regulators
- What to do (and not do) when facing a regulatory inquiry
- Best practices in developing an effective compliance program.
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMNetworking Break
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMHow the DOJ Influences Corporate Compliance Programs W. Anders Folk, First Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorneys Office-District of Minnesota
- Corporate Compliance Programs, Criminal Justice and Government Enforcement
- How the Department of Justice Evaluates Corporate Compliance Programs
- Priorities at the US Attorney’s Office in Minnesota
Agenda subject to change.