Friday, October 22
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMWelcome & Announcements
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMActioning Complying with Employment and Safety Laws During a Pandemic Jennifer Kogos, Partner, Jones Walker LLP
- We will explore legal and practical considerations regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, including the decision to mandate that employees receive the vaccine and accommodations that must be made pursuant to the ADA and Title VII if an employer chooses to do so.
- We will discuss the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) rules on medical testing and accommodations in general and in light of COVID-19.
- We will explore Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules for employers in the COVID-19 era.
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMNetworking Break
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMHow Tech Can Improve Effectiveness Brian Beeghly, Former Fortune 75 Compliance and Risk Management Executive
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMNetworking Break
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMWe Inspect What We Expect: Compliance Reviews Russell Phillips, Director Compliance, AT&T
- Compliance Reviews are an evaluation of processes to help determine compliance with standards
- The goal is to partner with the business unit to get-ahead of potential government reviews.
- Compliance Reviews are designed to precede and/or compliment Internal Audit efforts.
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMNetworking Lunch (Provided)
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMMemos and Guidelines: Practical Considerations and Regulator Expectations for Compliance Program Eric Morehead, Principal Consultant, Morehead Compliance Consulting LLC
- What does recent regulator guidance tell us about compliance expectations?
- What does a risk-based compliance program look like?
- What are some practical steps for benchmarking or reviewing a program to develop a plan of action?
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMNetworking Break
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMThird Party Due Diligence: How to Design an Effective Due Diligence Program and How to Carry It Out in Practice
- Discuss the key aspects of a due diligence program
- Go through a case study on due diligence
- Discuss how to measure and calibrate risk in third-party relationships
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMNetworking Break
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMInvestigative Trends and Tips Evolving from a Virtual Environment
- The investigative process has been impacted by more employees working remotely
- Many organizations saw a drop in the number of cases over the summer – but this may change over time
- Interview notifications and the interview process itself had to adapt to the virtual environment
- See the glass half full! Some best practices have emerged in the midst of crisis