Friday, March 5
-Breakout Sessions#GROUP10Group Discount 10 or More#GROUP5Group Discount 5 or more
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMOpening Remarks
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMCompliance Session TBA
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMHow to Quickly Build Trust & Credibility with Business Partners Caitlin Berry, Compliance Manager, Prime Therapeutics Meg Mejia, Compliance Manager, Prime Therapeutics
- Understand the benefits of different approaches to trust and credibility building for compliance professionals
- Determine your individual collaborative approach, and apply tools and techniques presented in your business relationships as appropriate
- Recognize and contextualize different collaboration styles in your business partners
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMPrivacy Around the World Jonathan Armstrong, Partner, Cordery Samantha Simms, CEO, The Information Collective
- As Privacy and Data Protection laws rapidly evolve across the globe, keeping up to date on these changes can be challenging. Learn the current status of Privacy laws across the globe with emphasis on Europe, The UK, Brazil, India, and The Philippines
- Despite regional differences, most countries address the same basic principles through their Data Protection and Privacy laws as are covered by US sector regulations such as HIPAA. Learn to recognize and build programs around these principles to ensure compliance across multiple jurisdictions and smooth transitions for your workforce and businesses
- Almost one year into GDPR compliance, our team will share some lessons learned in preparing for and complying with this new law, discuss enforcement trends, and share implementation tips for the next round of data privacy regulation across the globe including LGPD in Brazil
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMMid-Conference Break
12:15 PM - 12:45 PMNetworking and Discussion (optional) Connect with your fellow attendees and enjoy a free-flowing conversation about what stood out during the sessions or a compliance challenge you want feedback on. The objective here is to enable conference participants to network with and learn from each other and help overcome the isolation of the past months. This optional networking event will be held on Zoom and participants may choose to be on camera.
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMCultures of Inclusion Lisa Beth Lentini Walker, CEO and Founder, Lumen Worldwide Endeavors Michael Carter, Founder & CEO , Intercultural Competence Edge, Inc.
- Introduction to diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) basics for the compliance professional
- Strategies for collaboration between compliance and DEI
- Why infusing DEI is a business imperative
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMEmerging Trends and COVID Samantha Kelen, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Cardinal Innovations Healthcare
- Issue Reporting – Are we seeing spikes/ dips in Helpline reports? Open Door?
- Investigations – How are geodispersed/global companies addressing investigations? (particularly if companies have travel bans in place)
- How have conversations around diversity/ racial equality changed? What actions are companies taking?
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMEmerging Risks in Vendor Oversight
- Review the current state of oversight that most companies have over business partners handling their confidential data, and why weak oversight is more a failure of policy and procedures rather than of IT security
- Understand the risk assessment process and other resources that companies can use to gauge and monitor data security risk with its vendors and other third parties
- Hear how one global corporation does track the third parties handling its confidential data, and the techniques it uses to ensure compliance with its data privacy and securities policies