Friday, May 7
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMWelcome and Announcements
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMBuilding and Sustaining Your Organization’s Culture By Developing An Ethical Mindset Adam Balfour, Vice President and General Counsel for Compliance and Latin America, Bridgestone Kevin Withane, International/Group Ethics and Compliance Director, TI Fluid Systems
- Many organizations’ ethics and compliance programs focus too much on the compliance aspects and fail to adequately address ethics
- A culture of ethics and compliance needs to include an ethical mindset that will ensure policies and procedures are fully followed and employees do the right thing
- Learn how the ethics and compliance function can help to develop an ethical mindset in your organization
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMCannabis & Your Compliance Program: What Every Compliance Professional Must Know Amy McDougal, CCEP, CA, President, CLEAResources, LLC David Beatty, Director, MC Dean
- Understand how domestic and international cannabis legalization impacts your compliance program
- Discover the many facets of risk arising from legalization
- Learn the Top 5 steps all compliance professionals need to take now to mitigate this emerging risk
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMThird Party Due Diligence: How to Design an Effective Due Diligence Program and How to Carry it out in Practice Ann Sultan, Member , Miller and Chevalier
- Discuss the key aspects of a due diligence program
- Go through a case study on due diligence
- Discuss how to measure and calibrate risk in third party relationships
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMMid-Conference Break
12:15 PM - 12:45 PMNetworking and Discussion Connect with your fellow attendees and enjoy a free-flowing conversation about what stood out during the morning sessions or a compliance challenge you want feedback on. The objective here is to enable conference participants to network with and learn from each other and help overcome the isolation of the past months. This optional networking event will be held on Zoom and participants may choose to be on camera.
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMHow to Seize the Opportunities of ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Karen Alonardo, Vice President, ESG Solutions, NAVEX Global Colin Etnire, Head of ESG, BC Partners
- Today, forward-thinking organizations need to track and reporting on ESG factors.
- Virtually all key constituents - from employees to customers to investors - expect a focus on ESG.
- In this session, you will learn how to identify the scope of ESG as it relates to your E&C program
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMProactive Compliance: Monitoring, Testing and Auditing Practices Michael Volkov, CEO, Volkov Law Group LLC
- Justice Department guidance on compliance has underscored importance of proactive monitoring and testing as means to continuously update and improve a compliance program
- Proactive compliance strategies need to be developed to focus on these important functions to ensure updated risk assessments, effective investigation protocols
- A risk-based balance among onboarding, monitoring, renewal, testing and audit functions has to be implemented
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMReevaluating and Resourcing Your Compliance Program Post-COVID: What’s Considered Adequate and How to Make Improvements Without Increasing Spend Alexandra Wrage, President, TRACE International, Inc.
- Applying risk-based strategies to allocate budget, manage third party risk and prepare for increased enforcement
- Identifying and addressing gaps, building on compliance wins and changes, and strengthening procedures
- Analyzing supply chain risks and leveraging internal resources to address compliance concerns beyond anti-bribery
04:30 PM - 04:30 PMConference Adjourns