Tuesday, October 12
08:55 AM - 09:00 AMWecome and Introduction
09:00 AM - 10:20 AMThe Need for and Value of Training and Education
- DOJ and regulator expectations
- Where it fits within a compliance and ethics program
- Selling training and education to management and the workforce
10:20 AM - 10:40 AMBreak
10:40 AM - 11:50 AMIdentification of Training Needs
- Risk assessments
- Remediation efforts, root cause analysis following investigations, etc.
- Input from employees, managers, etc.
- Results of auditing and monitoring (including A&M of third parties)
- Other techniques
11:50 AM - 12:30 PMMid-Conference Break
12:30 PM - 02:00 PMPrinciples of Adult Learning
- Malcolm Knowles’ four principles
- Reaching different audiences (millennials, etc.)
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMAudiences and Topics for Training
- New employee orientation (code of conduct, etc.)
- Recurring training for all on broad issues (code of conduct, culture of compliance, etc.)
- Recurring training for specific audiences on specialized compliance risk issues (FCPA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Non-recurring/responsive, based on specific event, emerging issue, etc.
- Onboarding training for certain vendors/suppliers, third parties, and more
- Recurring training for certain vendors/suppliers, third parties, etc.
Wednesday, October 13
09:00 AM - 10:40 AMDeveloping Your Training Content
- Who should be involved, roles, etc.
- Process for development
- Process for QC, testing before rollout, etc.
- Delivering the message—plain language, focus on meaning/ effects of laws
- Considering need for customization/variation for different geographic regions
- Making training relevant in different cultures, languages/ translations, etc.
10:40 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:15 PMContent and Delivery Options: Choosing the Right Approach
- Overview of pros and cons of different methods of delivery
- Live, in-person
12:15 PM - 12:45 PMMid-Conference Break
12:45 PM - 01:55 PMBuilding Compliance Awareness: Managers and On-the-Job Communications
- The roles of managers and other communications in on-the-job compliance awareness
- Evaluating effectiveness of training
- Testing, different methods, etc.
- Measuring impact
- Four levels of training evaluation
- Modifications to future training based on evaluations
01:55 PM - 02:10 PMBreak
02:10 PM - 03:05 PMBuilding Multi-Year Programs: Measurement, Evaluation, and Ongoing Improvement
- Keeping it interesting and updating training periodically