12:00 pm Central | 1:00 pm Eastern | 11:00 am Mountain | 10:00 am Pacific | 9:00 am Alaska | 8:00 am Hawaii-Aleutian*
This presentation will cover:
- What is a Speak Up Culture? A company with open lines of communication; trust; no tolerance for retaliation
- How to assess, monitor and manage your culture: benchmarking; quantitative and qualitative metrics, e.g. hotline usage, case closure time. Proactive auditing and testing, root cause analysis
- Educate managers to bring in-person reports to compliance officers' attention. This documents progress and demonstrates need for resources
- Why is it Important? Must know about problems and concerns to address them, to improve and reduce risk.
- Current, relevant statistics, e.g. 69% of SEC whistleblower award recipients to date have been current or former employees. Of them 83% raised concerns internally first. SEC Office of the Whistleblower, 2018 Annual Report to Congress (Nov. 6, 2018).
- How can you create it? Harvard Business Study “why employees remain silent.” Research suggests “if you want your employees to be more vocal and contribute ideas and opinions, you should actively encourage this behavior and reward those who do it.”
- Special focus on hotlines and anonymous reports
- Investigations. Response must be timely and effective and documented. Consider, resources and tools. Corrective measures and discipline. Feedback. Do you have an investigation policy?
- How to conduct an effective and confidential investigation in an open workplace.
Compliance professionals; board members (under Sarbanes-Oxley, Audit Committee must cultivate open and effective channels of information); executives and management (establish company culture)
*The web conference will run for 90 minutes, including a 30-minute question-and-answer session at the end.
$99.00 Member Rate
$119.00 Non Member Rate
Can't Attend? Purchase the recording.
Recordings will be emailed 1-3 business days after the initial air date.
CD-ROM recordings available upon special request.
Interested in speaking at an SCCE web conference? Apply Today
Any questions? Contact the conference planner at: Liz.Hergert@corporatecompliance.org