Onsite Safety Protocols
SCCE considers the safety of all those onsite at our events a top priority. To maintain a safe and comfortable environment for all attendees, we will be following local and state mandates. Below you will find a listing of all current safety protocols that will be in place at the Compliance & Ethics Institute (CEI). Please note that as the guidance changes, updates will be made accordingly.
- The state of Nevada has a mask mandate in place. All persons are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth while indoors, regardless of vaccination status. As this is an educational and networking conference, you are allowed to remove your mask only while actively eating or drinking.
- Reusable and disposable masks will be available on site. We will also have gloves should anyone feel more comfortable wearing them.
- In accordance with the Nevada state mandate, performers (speakers), while actively speaking, will not be required to wear a mask. SCCE will be following that guidance, however as a safety protocol, all speakers will be at least six feet back from attendees in session rooms.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the conference meeting space.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available in each room to wipe down seating/tables as desired.
- SCCE has removed several touchpoints throughout the conference. There will be a bar code assigned to each person for contactless registration check-in, scanning in/out for outside certification credits, and scannable drink tickets. Additionally, all session information, materials, or evaluations will be accessed through your own personal device.
- There will be no internet café at this venue. Before you arrive in Las Vegas, please print out any presentations you would like to have for taking notes during sessions.
Seating and food service:
- Seating in session rooms and meal areas will be as socially distanced as allowed in each room size. Most spaces will be set 3-6ft. socially distanced.
- Lunches will be served plated style with no passed or shared items (i.e., no passed breadbasket, dressing dish, etc.)
- Breakfast and reception items will be served by an attendant or grab and go. No shared serving utensils will be used.
- All food stations will be arranged at least six feet apart.
- Extended break times have been built into the schedule for attendees to network, move in and out of ballrooms, and personal time. Our goal is to reduce crowding near ballroom entrances, restrooms, and elevators.
Vaccination status and onsite testing:
- At this time, SCCE is not requiring attendees or vendors to be vaccinated to attend this conference. Staff employed by SCCE are required to be vaccinated to work onsite at the event.
- At this time, SCCE is not requiring a proof of a negative COVID test prior to arrival. As outlined in the Duty of Care, all participants are responsible for monitoring their own health. Do not attend should you be experiencing symptoms or if you’ve been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- At this time, SCCE is not hosting daily temperature checks and health screenings.
SCCE will be actively monitoring for changes to mandates, and we will communicate those changes as they are received. You may also visit this page for the most up-to-date information.