Friday, July 12
08:55 AM - 09:00 AMWelcome and Announcements
09:00 AM - 10:00 AMAnti-Corruption Compliance in Thailand John Frangos, Partner and Deputy Director, Dispute Resolution, Tilleke & Gibbins International Ltd.
- How the Organic Act on Counter Corruption, the Submission of Bids Act, and other Thai anti-corruption law applies to the private sector and NGOs; (b)
- The Internal Control Guidelines issued by the National Anti-Corruption Commission and how those guidelines can be incorporated into an organization’s compliance program; (c) examples of corruption-related risks in Thailand; and (d) how organizations can reduce their risks by proper implementation of a compliance program.
- Case studies based on the speaker’s experience and knowledge to illustrate anti-corruption compliance
- Failures in Thailand, and how a strong compliance program could address, or have prevented such failures.Bangkok Thailand
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMHow to succeed in establishing Corporate Compliance & Ethics within Thai Companies Apiwan Aksornsuwan, VP, Corporate Affairs, IRPC Public Company Limited Peangpanor Boonklum, Head of Legal and Compliance Unit , PTT Public Company Limited
- What are the major compliance and ethics requirements that a public company in Thailand has to comply?;
- Why is it important for a Thai company to have Corporate Compliance Culture ?;
- How to implement a Corporate Compliance Program of SCCE to Thai Companies?;
- What are the key issues concerned and what practical compliance steps should be considered to achieve the purpose in a sustainable manner?
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMNetworking Break
11:15 AM - 12:15 PMLeveraging New Technologies to Simplify Your Compliance Program Michelle Juan, Regional Manager, TRACE – Asia Pacific
- Technology and data management from a compliance perspective: opportunities & challenges
- How companies can use technology to enhance due diligence, anti-bribery controls, knowledge management, etc.
- Available systems & tools to manage expanding compliance risks despite shrinking resources
12:15 PM - 01:10 PMNetworking Lunch (Provided)
01:10 PM - 02:10 PMCompliance Effectiveness Debbie Troklus, President, Troklus Compliance Consulting
- Provide a definition of what effectiveness means to a Compliance Program.
- Discuss each compliance element and what should be considered to measure effectiveness.
- Discuss the importance of effectiveness and how it affects the culture of the organization.
02:10 PM - 03:10 PMWhat Ticks Off a Regulator Gabe Shawn Varges, Director of Compliance Studies, University of St. Gallen
- Common mistakes made in dealing with the regulator
- Understanding the regulator’s own pressures and limitations
- How to organize for and approach the management of the regulator relationship
03:10 PM - 03:30 PMNetworking Break
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMHow Compliance Professionals Can Use Data Analytics to Mitigate Compliance Risk Gerry Zack, CEO, SCCE & HCCA
- A framework for applying analytics to compliance
- How analytics can be used to monitor compliance
- Analytics for assessing allegations and performing investigations
04:30 PM - 04:30 PMConference Adjourns & Overall Evaluations
Programme subject to change.