Thursday, February 13
08:55 AM - 09:00 AMOpening Remarks
09:00 AM - 10:00 AMStrategies for Navigating Ethical Risk When Working with Third Parties in High Risk Countries Matthew Nobles, Chief Compliance Officer, GE Gas Power Systems & Power Services
- Implementing effective due diligence methods to assess the risk of working with potential customers, partners and key suppliers
- Working with the Legal team to include comprehensive compliance risk mitigation language in contractual agreements
- How to partner with the Execution team to implement active compliance monitoring controls at on-going projects
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMDetecting Thunder Before the Storm: Effective Anti- fraud, Compliance, and Ethics functions Amir Mousa, Internal Audit Section Head, Al Ain Holding Group
- Integration and collaboration between Internal audit, Fraud, Compliance and ethics function
- Tone at the Top: The oversight role of BOD and senior management to adopt Zero tolerance for fraud and misconduct
- Discuss enhanced approach to detect business disruption resulted from fraud, compliance and ethics issues.
11:00 AM - 11:20 AMNetworking Break
11:20 AM - 12:20 PMFrom ‘Good’ to ‘Great:’ How to Build a Truly Effective Compliance Organization Tomell deSilva Ceasar, Head of Compliance, Careem
- What are the critical components to take your compliance organization from "good" to "great?"
- How can you ensure that compliance reaches the critical risk areas needed to effectively administer your duties?
- What should you avoid in the process of establishing a new compliance organization?
12:20 PM - 01:15 PMLunch
01:15 PM - 02:15 PMEssentials of Managing a Complex Cross-border Investigation Kanupriya Jain, Director, CA, LLB, Control Risks
- Incident reporting, to planning, identifying who should be involved, managing stakeholders, reporting and resolution
- Practical insights on how to manage complex cross-border investigations
- Using two case studies we examine how to manage complex cases when things go wrong
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMRisk Assessment Muhammad Nuaman Ahmed, Head of Compliance - QHSE & Fraud Investigation, PEL Group of Companies
- Objective of a monitoring and audit program
- Performing third-party risk assessment
- Basic consideration for an audit program
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMNetworking Break
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMEthical Data Management: Why data protection is an organizational ethics matter Lori Baker, Vice President - Legal & Director of Data Privacy, Dubai International Financial Centre
- Ethical and Organizational Impact of Data Sharing, both appropriate and inappropriate
- Why should this be covered in a code of conduct
- Data sharing agreements and policies regarding law enforcement requests
04:30 PM - 04:35 PMOverall Evaluation
Programme subject to change.