Nonprofit organizations also find themselves vulnerable to unique fraud and conflict of interest concerns. This full day virtual conference is dedicated to managing and understanding these unique and significant compliance issues faced by nonprofit organizations
The charitable organization sector faces many compliance challenges, this conference will cover:
- unique tax exemption issues
- fundraising registration and related issues
- privacy and data security
- complex reporting requirements
- and many more.
Attendees will have the opportunity to earn a maximum of 6.0 live Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® continuing education units (CEUs) from the convenience of their own home or office.
This conference will be in Central Standard Time (CST).
Exclusive attendee offer: Audio Recordings will be included for registered attendees for 30 days post conference.
Who should Attend
Anyone with compliance responsibilities in nonprofit organizations including
- Compliance Officers
- Program Managers
- Internal Audit
- General Counsel
- Risk Managers
- Outside Advisors
- Counsel who serve nonprofits
- and more
Agenda Topics Include
- Federal tax Issues for nonprofits
- Fraud risks
- Conflicts of interest and commitment disclosure process
- Complying with fundraising legal requirements
- Tricks and triggers of form 990 compliance
- Hot topics in privacy law:2020
- Understanding the Basics of Compliance and Ethics Programs
|SCCE or HCCA Members||$175|
|Registration & New Membership*||$395|
*Membership & registration discount only available for first time members who register for the event and membership at the same time.
Group discounts are also available for 3 or more. View the brochure for details
Key Session Takeaways
- The most common and recurring UBIT pitfalls for nonprofits — and what are the best strategies for minimizing UBIT while maximizing revenues
- Emerging fraud and compliance topics in federal grant funding
- Learn strategies of how to keep track of regulatory responsibilities in multi-state (or even multi-national) fundraising initiatives as well as key steps if a charity is found to be out of compliance
- Understand how the disclosures on the Form 990 integrate into the IRS Priority Guidance Plan and analytical approach to the IRS examination selection process
- Important federal and state laws and recent actions and developments relating to privacy and data breach laws
- Learn the background to and benefits of implementing a comprehensive compliance and ethics program in a nonprofit organization