Friday, August 23
08:55 AM - 09:00 AMOpening Remarks
09:00 AM - 10:00 AMCompliance 101 Melina Llodra, Partner, Llodra Attorneys at Law Florencia Ortiz, Lawyer, Ortiz & Asociados - Review the reasons why organizations should implement effective compliance programs.
- Discuss the seven elements of an effective compliance program
- Discuss the basics of compliance program structure and implementation
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMDiversity in Compliance Silvina Coria, Global Director Risk & Controls, OLX Naspers Classifieds Dalma Parisi, Lead Compliance Officer, Arge Soledad Urri, Ethics,Transparency and Risk Officer, Trenes Argentions Infrastructure - Diversity and compliance: a route to more ethical businesses?
- How prepared are we in Argentina? Sharing experiences from other regions
- Gender impact in Argentina: Are we really a leading case? The role of Compliance on the new business landscape. Women networks.
11:15 AM - 12:15 PMManaging and Mitigating Compliance Risks in M&As and joint ventures Debbie Troklus, Senior Managing Director, Ankura Consulting Group - How M&As have evolved in terms of compliance? Scope and impact of compliance due diligence.
- Dealing with key high-risk issues and key challenges while conducting compliance DD: How due diligence findings may affect the transaction? How can compliance risks be managed and mitigated?
- Providing a proper pre and post-closing risk assessment: major compliance issues to consider, implementation of tools and contractual protections to reduce or eliminate compliance risks (e.g. R&Ws, closing conditions, indemnities, post-sale monitoring).
01:15 PM - 02:15 PMCompliance, Ethics, and Irrational People (All of Us) Adam Turteltaub, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives and International Programs, SCCE/HCCA - We tend to think that people are basically rational, but what if we aren’t?
- This presentation reviews data on how people think and don’t think, especially when it comes to right and wrong
- Provides insights into how to improve human behavior based on how we approach ethical decisions
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMChallenges for Compliance with Law N° 27.401: a Look from the Public Sector Laura Alonso, Secretary of Public Ethics, Transparency and Fight against Corruption of Argentina - Main contents of Law N° 27.401 of Criminal Liability of Legal Persons and the Guidelines of Integrity for the best compliance of the established in Articles 22 and 23 of Law N ° 27.401
- Public-Private Cooperation
- Collective Actions
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMBuilding an "Adequate" Anti-Corruption Compliance Program in Argentina following the Implementation of Law 27.401 Debora Dansker, Compliance Head, Novartis Guillermo Jorge, Partner, Bruchou, Fernandez Madero & Lombardi Gabriel Cecchini, Argentina Compliance Representative, TRACE - The elements of an effective "integrity program" and how to tailor to your company’s risk profile, size and business.
- Developing procedures for third party screening and monitoring and M&A due diligence
- How local compliance requirements compare to international guidelines and standards