Friday, July 19
08:55 AM - 09:00 AMWelcome & Announcements
09:00 AM - 10:00 AMRightsizing Compliance Across Asia - Same but Different Andrew Macintosh, Partner, Control Risks
- How do you implement best practice compliance across markets and disparate and complex as those in Asia?
- We will use case studies and our experience helping clients to identify the similarities, synergies and savings that can be achieved by taking a risk-based approach to compliance.
- This will include an interactive session on risk assessments, building on the traditional focus on internal controls to consider the role of external threat analysis, the role of big data and the broadening scope of compliance
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMTaming the Terrain: A Value-Added, Risk-Based Compliance Program Seema Sanghani, Regional Compliance Officer, AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd Marie Judith McCormack, Deputy Chief Compliance Officer, American Red Cross
- The guiding principle for a compliance program is a compliance framework, which includes the organizational and operational structures necessary for program establishment, sustainability, and maturation.
- The framework is designed to provide clarity, transparency, and consistency across an organization. Compliance function visibility is a prerequisite for both relevance and impact, and engagement of both management and employees is key
11:00 AM - 11:20 AMNetworking Break
11:20 AM - 12:20 PMThird Party Compliance Management Vinayak Bindal, Sub-Regional Compliance Officer, South-East Asia, Merck
- Importance and relevance of third party compliance management
- Examples of FCPA non-compliances by third parties in Asia Pacific and sanctions on companies
- How to build an effective third party compliance management program
12:20 PM - 01:10 PMNetworking Lunch
01:10 PM - 02:10 PMCompliance, Ethics, and Irrational People (All of Us) Adam Turteltaub, VP, Strategic Initiatives & Int'l Programs, SCCE & HCCA
- We tend to think that people are basically rational, but what if we aren’t?
- This presentation reviews data on how people think and don’t think, especially when it comes to right and wrong
- Provides insights into how to improve human behavior based on how we approach ethical decisions
02:10 PM - 03:10 PMInvestigation - It Doesn’t Take a Crook to Catch Another Crook Elaine Khoo, Director, Compliance, APEC
- The very first step: How do you get the most out of the least? What are the links?
- "Know your ally or enemy" - Who’s involved? Who will be the informer? Who’s the defender?
- Showtime! (Interviewing process) - How do you make the interview process stress free and effective? When to use the soft approach? When to use the hard approach? Tips and tricks to assess your interviewee’s body language - Is he lying?
03:10 PM - 03:30 PMNetworking Break
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMImplementing Effective Periodic Testing For Your Compliance Program Luis Hui, Director, Asiaethics
- Real-life examples of how periodic testing can become ineffective
- Analysis of contributing factors and solutions to remedy these common pitfalls
- Reaping the benefits from effective periodic testing
04:30 PM - 04:30 PMConference Adjourns
Programme subject to change.