Saturday, September 14
08:30 AM - 12:00 PMSCCE's Annual Volunteer Project In additon to networking with your peers and listening to expert speakers, attending an SCCE Compliance & Ethics Institute gives you the opportunity to help a local area charity. Registration is free for this event and provides you with a volunteer t-shirt, lunch and transportation to and from the project location. It's a great way to start the CEI with fellow conference attendees, speakers, and SCCE board members.Networking 098
Sunday, September 15
08:44 AM - 12:00 PMPre Conference Morning Session100
08:45 AM - 10:15 AMBreakout Sessions#P02P2: Ethical Leadership Doesn't Happen Overnight, or Does It? I Was an Employee Yesterday...Leader Today, but Am I an Ethical Leader? Lisa Gross, Founder and CEO, ALESC - Agile Leadership and Ethics Strengthening Cultures Darren Hill, Director Ethics Business Conduct, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
- The difference between a leader and a manager and why this distinction is important to building and maintaining an ethical environment
- Discuss and share assimilation techniques to foster ethical culture and leadership
- Review case scenarios demonstrating good and bad ethical leadership and its impact to the company
10:15 AM - 10:30 AMNetworking Break SundayNetworking
10:30 AM - 12:00 PMBreakout Sessions#P10P10: Every Choice Has a Consequence Chuck Gallagher, President, Ethics Resource Group
Ethics 201#P11P11: Operationalizing Compliance Grace Wu de Plaza, Group Head of Ethics, Ferguson Hillah Culman, Risk Manager, Farmer Mac
- How easy it is for ethical people to make unethical choices and what to do about it.
- The impact of life’s choices and how that affects your performance, both personally and professionally.
- Real-world practical examples of how to use ethics and integrity to create success in business and life.
- Congratulations! The CEO agreed to implement your compliance initiative across the enterprise. Now what?
- In this session, compliance officers who have never developed a project management plan, found the thought of developing a plan overwhelming, or is interested in refining their project management skills will walk away with insights, next steps, and a
- The speakers will take attendees through a case study of how Farmer Mac's compliance department partnered with a project manager and leveraged a project management plan to implement its GRC system and to overhaul its policies and procedures framework
12:00 PM - 01:30 PMSunday Lunch (On Your Own). Braindates Time Need Ideas for lunch? Check in with the registration desk to find where to go to grab a quick bite or to mingle with old friends or new peers.Networking
01:00 PM - 04:45 PMPre Conference Afternoon Session200
03:00 PM - 03:15 PMNetworking BreakNetworking
03:15 PM - 04:45 PMBreakout Sessions#P26P26: 5 Steps to Ethical Problem Solving Marcy Maslov, Chief Integrity Builder, e-Factor!®- the educational board game for business ethics
- We assume everyone has the same definition of ethics as we do... until there's a problem. Every business issue we face has an ethical dilemma at is core. Do you know how to recognize the ethical dilemma?
- Employers of new graduates are complaining their new hires are not "Job Ready" in one critical area: ethics. So where do we learn how to solve ethical dilemmas? Who taught you, and how do you know if you’ve made the right decision?
- It's important to provide a framework for ethical problem solving. Here are my 5 steps and a gamified approach to teaching not only decision-making but critical thinking, leadership and team-building skills.
Monday, September 16
07:00 AM - 08:00 AMContinental Breakfast, Exhibitor Networking and Braindates TimeNetworking
08:00 AM - 08:15 AMOpening Remarks and Awards PresentationGeneral Session
08:15 AM - 09:15 AMGeneral Session: From Crisis to an Electric Future: Inside the Cultural Transformation of One of the Largest Companies in the World. A Disscusion. Kurt Michels, Chief Compliance Officer, Volkswagen Group Matt Kelly, Editor & CEO, Radical Compliance -Starting a transformation in the aftermath of a crisis -Behind the scenes of Volkswagen’s cultural transformation: the strategies that drove the turnaround -Using a crisis to implement change: Lessons learned for compliance professionalsGeneral Session
09:15 AM - 10:00 AMNetworking Break with ExhibitorsNetworking
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMBreakout Sessions#102102: Compliance Officer Ethics - 2019 Update Theodore Banks, Partner, Scharf Banks Marmor LLC
- What ethical rules govern the obligations of compliance officers, whether they are lawyers or not?
- When do lawyers or compliance officers get rewarded or get punished when they become whistleblowers?
- Does the availability of attorney-client privilege help or hinder a lawyer in a compliance role?
11:00 AM - 11:30 AMNetworking BreakNetworking
11:30 AM - 12:30 PMBreakout Sessions