Saturday, September 14
08:30 AM - 12:00 PMSCCE's Annual Volunteer Project In additon to networking with your peers and listening to expert speakers, attending an SCCE Compliance & Ethics Institute gives you the opportunity to help a local area charity. Registration is free for this event and provides you with a volunteer t-shirt, lunch and transportation to and from the project location. It's a great way to start the CEI with fellow conference attendees, speakers, and SCCE board members.
Sunday, September 15
08:44 AM - 12:00 PMPre Conference Morning Session
08:45 AM - 10:15 AMBreakout Sessions#P01P1: Effective E&C Risk Management - Part 1: Framework, Program Essentials, and Core Practice Considerations Greg Triguba, Principal, Compliance Integrity Solutions Jim Urso, Assistant Vice President - Treasury SecOps & GRC, Federal Reserve IT
- Gain a deeper understanding of the basic roles, resources and fundamentals necessary to facilitate and manage an effective ethics and compliance risk management program.
- Explore the challenges, planning considerations and strategic solutions for implementing and leading effective ethics and compliance risk assessment processes.
- Consider real-world examples and scenarios that set the stage for identifying an organization's risk universe, prioritization efforts, and next steps for effective management and mitigation.
10:15 AM - 10:30 AMNetworking Break Sunday
10:30 AM - 12:00 PMBreakout Sessions#P09P9: Effective E&C Risk Management -- Part 2: Operationalizing Risk Management and Taking your Practice to the Next Level Jim Urso, Assistant Vice President - Treasury SecOps & GRC, Federal Reserve IT Greg Triguba, Principal, Compliance Integrity Solutions
- This session takes a deeper dive into effective risk management/mitigation strategies to include addressing challenges of maturing the Risk Management function and ensuring Risk Management concepts are encompassed as a part of day-to-day operations.
- Examine the pitfalls of an unincorporated Risk Management function, and how periodic "check the box" risk management exercises are the real risk to organizational success
- Discuss methods to successfully mature Risk Management functions, engage all levels of staff and leadership, and foster a Risk-conscious organization
12:00 PM - 01:30 PMSunday Lunch (On Your Own). Braindates Time Need Ideas for lunch? Check in with the registration desk to find where to go to grab a quick bite or to mingle with old friends or new peers.
01:00 PM - 04:45 PMPre Conference Afternoon Session
01:30 PM - 03:00 PMBreakout Sessions#P17P17: Is there a Doctor in the House? Diagnosing and Treating your Program Ills with Data Analytics Krista Muszak, GS SOX Controls and Compliance, Johnson & Johnson Louis Perold, Principal, Citadel Compliance
-With access to so much data, where do you begin? How do you make sense of it all? How can you leverage the data to reveal gaps, mitigate risks and grow your compliance program? -Are you wrestling with how to manage and monitor your data to make sure you are in compliance with the ever-changing rules? -Answer these questions and discuss how you can use data analytics for risk assessments and to address other elements of an effective compliance program.Risk 208
03:00 PM - 03:15 PMNetworking Break
03:15 PM - 04:45 PMBreakout Sessions#P25P25: Navigating the Murky (and Sometimes Treacherous) Waters of Conflicts of Interest Christopher Miller, Regional Compliance Officer North America, General Motors Rebecca Walker, Partner, Kaplan & Walker LLP
- Overview of conflicts of interest risk, its impact on organizations and compliance controls, including policies, questionnaires and approval methodologies
- Explore real-world fact patterns that require difficult judgment calls and balancing of interests
- Consider how to make decisions that can enhance the culture of integrity and sense of organizational justice
Monday, September 16
07:00 AM - 08:00 AMContinental Breakfast, Exhibitor Networking and Braindates Time
08:00 AM - 08:15 AMOpening Remarks and Awards Presentation
08:15 AM - 09:15 AMGeneral Session: From Crisis to an Electric Future: Inside the Cultural Transformation of One of the Largest Companies in the World. A Disscusion. Kurt Michels, Chief Compliance Officer, Volkswagen Group Matt Kelly, Editor & CEO, Radical Compliance -Starting a transformation in the aftermath of a crisis -Behind the scenes of Volkswagen’s cultural transformation: the strategies that drove the turnaround -Using a crisis to implement change: Lessons learned for compliance professionals
09:15 AM - 10:00 AMNetworking Break with Exhibitors
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMBreakout Sessions#101101: Mitigating Trade Compliance Risk - How to Build a Plane While Also Flying It! Gwendolyn Lee Hassan, Managing Counsel, Global Compliance & Ethics, CNH Industrial
- Comprehensive review of emerging trade compliance risks faced by companies doing business internationally.
- Discussion of recent developments in trade sanctions, export regulations, tariffs and free trade agreements.
- How to stand-up and manage a trade compliance program "from scratch" including where to start and how to take it to the next level.
11:00 AM - 11:30 AMNetworking Break
11:30 AM - 12:30 PMBreakout Sessions#201201: Social Media & Compliance: A Match Made in Heaven or...? Kortney Nordrum, Regulatory Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Deluxe Corporation